View Tom's trip in a larger map

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 30

60 miles.  Newton to Sterling.  The wind was not bad today.  I finished up by noon.  Once again the temperature will be over 100 so I wanted to get off the road early.  There was an area with construction so I asked a man for directions.  Dan was in his yard and we talked for about 20 minutes.  He was the youngest of 10 kids and grew up on a farm during the Depression.  I enjoyed talking with him.  I will spend the afternoon at the Sterling College library.  I had planned to camp but the heat makes that no fun.  I decided to ask if a dorm room might be available at the college.  Next thing you know I am in a private guest room with cold ac, shower and t.v.  for $15.  The Lord provides.  Carol was the nice lady who got me fixed up. 



3 comments:

  1. Tom -- Am happy you are sharing your experiences with us. Checking your blog and seeing pictures of people you've met along your path is such a lift for me during my workday. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Tom!!!
    You are now 22 miles past the half way point. You have logged 1872 miles so far. Your daily average at the half way point is 62.4 miles/day. Very Nice!!! Still showing you 8.5 days out of Gunnison, CO at your current pace. Estimating Gunnison around midday on the 20th. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO GLAD you got tucked in at the college!! Couldn't imagine camping out when the temps are around 100*. As you said, The Lord provides!! Be safe & hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete