View Tom's trip in a larger map

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 31

54 miles.  Sterling to Larned.  Yesterday turned out to be another of those days full of little miracles.  The whole experiencece at Sterling College was wonderful.  Naiya is the new dorm director who was just moving in.  She shared her great story with me and even boiled some eggs so I would have something for breakfast.  I left early again and headed out on a stretch that had no services the entire way.  The wind was across and in my face all day.  I met Burt from Holland on the road.  He is doing the Trans Am west to east.  It  was close to 100 degrees when I came upon the Watch For Ice sign.  I also met three guys in Larned who were heading east.  I had lunch at Subway and came out to discover my first flat. I guess it was about the best place to have one.  I washed up in their sink after fixing it.  I'm not sure where I'll be tonight, likely camping in the park.   




2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Babe!!! Aunt Jute says you should write a book!!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope you have another 'miracle' tonight and find an AC place to stay. Ask and you shall receive! Hope there is a pool nearby too. Ride safe!

    ReplyDelete