View Tom's trip in a larger map

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 44

50 Miles.  Hite to Hanksville.  It stayed hot all night and camping on bare rock made it even tougher.  I had the whole campground to myself until a guy pulled in at 11:30 and set up right next to me.  He used his headlights to see and they were aimed right at me.  I got up at 5:00 to beat the heat but discovered a flat rear tire.  I fixed it with my headlight on and got going at 7:00.  I will make it a short day since there is nothing else for the next 45 miles and I need some food and a shower.   


2 comments:

  1. Off to a rough start today but hopefully things are better in Hanksville. Your 'neighbors', both human and reptile, didn't sound too nice though. Heard theres a restaurant called "Blondies' in Hanksville thats pretty good. Chow down!!! Hope you are in more populated areas for awhile!! Ride safe!!!

    ReplyDelete