View Tom's trip in a larger map

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 35

103 miles.  Eads to Pueblo.  I had a not planned to go all the way to Pueblo today.  I got an early start and then talked.to my friend Jack Crumpton who told me that he and his wife Elaine would be in Pueblo later in the day and they would be staying the night.  I had a nice tailwind most of the day.  Unfortunately it got up over 100 by early afternoon.  I went through the most desolate area of the trip so far.  Scrub brush as far as you could see.  
I am enjoying a great hotel room after a very nice dinner with Jack and Elaine.  I am looking forward to more time with them in Gunnison in a few days. 





1 comment:

  1. The rewards of the trip......meeting new friends and old friends along the way.Hoping for the wind at your back in the mountains! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete