View Tom's trip in a larger map

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 10

77 miles Damascus to Breaks.  Early start with LOTS of climbing.  I felt good so I pushed on a bit further.  I am camping at Breaks state park.  The people next to me brought me a big plate of food as soon as I set up camp.  More trail magic.  I met Tim on the road today.  He is headed east.  Virginia has been full of kind people.  On to Kentucky in the morning.  I said goodbye to my 3 pals last night.  We shared the laughs and struggles for 9 days.  I hope to see them again. 









5 comments:

  1. We're behind you PUSHING!!!Stay safe..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last pic looks like a good hobo supper. Will facilitate both of your daily objectives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like the food I've been making for dinner since 1982...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the price was right and you didn't have to cook it or clean up. Such nice people!! I hope the people in Kentucky are as good to you. All we did today was go to the Grand Canyon. No hiking, only memories. Getting too old. It would cost Dad & I $900 to go down into the canyon on mules for the hike you, Chris & Dad did on foot!!!

    ReplyDelete