View Tom's trip in a larger map

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 18

72 miles. Utica to Marion. I was coming down a hill and locked up the brakes when I saw the Bake Sale sign.  It was at a small Mennonite church.  Everyone was in traditional dress, the men with straw hats and suspenders, the women had their hair up with long dresses.  I bought some oatmeal cookies that were fantastic.  They had pies, cakes, bread and all sorts of great stuff.  We talked while I ate my cookies.  They were all very nice.  So far one of the best days of the trip. I'm camping at the city park tonight. I went to the Wednesday night service at the Baptist church and was able to take a quick shower while I was there also.          



6 comments:

  1. So glad that you came across a Bake Sale...and glad you stopped. Love the pictures of you on the bike in silhouette. The countryside looks so peaceful.Hope you run across a fruit & vegetable farmstand soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MORE LATER ? ? ? ? ?

    What's that about? Now I have to check back multiple times throughout the night to see if you've added anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you kidding. I know you check it 6 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot more time to check this blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the next church west doesn't have a shower, just tell them you want to be baptized. This will work best at a Baptist church, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete