View Tom's trip in a larger map

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 15

45 miles.  Harrodsburg to Bardstown.  It was raining this mining so I did not get on the road until 9:00.  Made it sort of a rest day.  I'm in a motel and I have plenty of time to eat and do laundry.  80% chance of rain all day but I never got wet.  Nice rolling hills all day.  I think I am past the big climbs in the east.  I got my pedal bearing fixed at least temporarily.  I bought a wrench and some motor oil  from an auto parts store.  It did not make any noise all day.  I stopped at Lincoln's boyhood home.  They have a golf course there now.  With the Civil War and all I don't think he had a lot of time for golf. 





10 comments:

  1. Nice scenery. Glad your bike problem wasn't anything more serious. Rest up.....you have a long way to go!! Maybe we'll catch up with you in Colorado..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're taking time to enjoy the scenery. There are so many beautiful things to see out there. Love the little horse!!! So cute! Hope you can RELAX tonight!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is taking all these photos (?) The Tom I know would not even slow down for this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great pictures you post the land is beautiful I forget sometime since here in FL it is mainly flat....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it, Chris. Now if you can just remember what you did and leave a real message. Good luck.

    Hope you have a good ride today, Tom......and that the weather is good. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tom, what are you doing posting at 2:59a.m.??? You didn't sleep well???? Glad the bantering has started!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have ridden one of those bikes with the ice cream cart in the front.......could have made a fortune

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tom -- Change your password ASAP. I think you've been hacked. Sombody is stopping to smell the roses and posting their photos on your blog.

    ReplyDelete