View Tom's trip in a larger map

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 14

71 miles.  Berea to Harrodsburg.  Unfortunately only 45 miles were on the route.  The rest of the miles were riding to a bike shop to get a problem worked on.  It did not get fixed.  I talked to a mechanic on the phone tonight and did some work myself.  I will see if it is any better tomorrow.  On a brighter note I did find a $5 bill on the side of the road.  I met a nice guy at a store this afternoon.  He was interested in my trip and talked for a while.  Home tonight is a cheap motel.  



4 comments:

  1. Hey, now you have $3505.00...Ride on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope tomorrow is better and that you fixed your problem. Remember to drink, drink, drink!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the bike problem. Hope you can find a decent bike shop to work things out. Is it the gears? Discouraging but not unsolvable. Hang in there. Take care of yourself so you don't break down!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember Bro,
    You are in my back yard there in Kentucky. I can be there if you need me. I have a truck in L'ville as well. I can come find you if you need help. Lots of good bicycle shops in L'ville as well. Let me know if you need help. Mike

    ReplyDelete