View Tom's trip in a larger map

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 11

71 miles.  Breaks,Virginia to Hindman, Ky.  Coal trucks, dogs, hellish hills, 3rd world poverty.  But along with that comes more generosity and kindness.  I arrived about 5:00 and discovered that there was no place to stay.  Once again the pastor of the Baptist church opened up the youth building
for me to stay in.  It is.complete with a shower, couch, and ac.  Pastor Mike Caudill was warm and welcoming.  I even got to go to the Wednesday night bible study which was excellent.  One of the men tried to give me some.money after church.  I am learning that this trip is not about the cycling. 






2 comments:

  1. Such wonderful people. Hope that continues as you travel.Remember Who is traveling on the backseat. We look forward to your posts every day...or whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warms me heart, son. Two weeks ago you would have taken the money.

    ReplyDelete