View Tom's trip in a larger map

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 21

50 miles.  Carbondale to Chester.  I started early and got done by noon.  It was already 97 degrees by the time I stopped.  I rode the first hour with Pete from Ohio.  He was headed to St.Louis and then west from there.  I also met Andy on the road.  He was headed to Nashville from Denver.  I rode the Mississippi river levee route today.  They still have a lot of flooding.  I had to ride through water that was up over the hubs on one road.  It was an interesting ride.  Tonight I am staying in a little bunk house provided by the Fraternal order of Eagles.  Chester is also the home of Popeye.  All sorts of cultural pearls on this trip.    









3 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures.....and the Eagles Nest doesn't look too bad. At least it has AC and the price is right. Safe riding tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check 7/2 on foolsonamission.com. They put a nice mention and a great photo of you on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinich for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

    ReplyDelete