View Tom's trip in a larger map

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 32

119 miles.  Larned to Scott City.  I got going early and had a good helping wind.  It was also cooler today, only 94.  Last night we had 8 of us camping in the park.  All of the others were young guys in their 20's headed east.  We swam in the city pool and camped for free.  I can assure you that the Pizza Hut lost money on their buffet with our group.  I had lunch with a Travis from England who is also heading.west.  Later I met Chris and Lauren who were headed east from San Francisco.  I am in a cheap motel tonight enjoying the ac and shower after 8 hours in the saddle. 








3 comments:

  1. The terrain looks so beautiful! Would love to see it myself one day but probably not by bicycle!!! Glad you had such an awesome ride today!! Ride on! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW......long day on the bike. Cooler weather ahead. But also mountains......Ride safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over 2,000 miles completed. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete