View Tom's trip in a larger map

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 41

65 miles.  Telluride to Dolores.  Nice cool camping last night.  The first night of the trip that I needed my quilt.  Telluride is one of my favorite little towns.  Great scenery, a fantastic library, nice camping and a terrific bakery. 
A long 15 mile climb up Lizard Head pass to start the day.  It rained for the first hour.  Some of the best scenery yet.  Jagged mountains and steep canyons were everywhere.  I stopped for an early lunch in Rico.  The town had only 200 people but had a better restraunt than anything on Fleming Island.  The food was wonderful.  I dropped 3000 feet over the next 40+ miles into Dolores.  This is another town with a very nice modern library.  I'm staying with a warmshowers host tonight.       



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Glad you had the bike in the pics or it would look like fake postcards. Looks like you will be in Utah tomorrow if you keep up your current pace. Ride safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuss, what happened to your comments. You were so anxious about the blog.....Marianne's going to think you're mad at her!!!

    Tom, the pics are awesome. Wish I was seeing the sites with you!!! Hope you find your way today!! :):) xoxo

    ReplyDelete