View Tom's trip in a larger map

Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 27

90 miles.  Golden City, Mo. to Chanute, Kansas.  I had a nice night camping in the park in Golden City.  I went back to Cooky's diner for breakfast.  I met a couple of guys on the road who were headed east.  They started in San Francisco 5 weeks ago.  Later I met three college girls who seemed to be having a great time.  They are headed to Yorktown.  I had a partial tailwind most of the day.  After lunch it started to get really hot.  I am in a motel tonight and will get caught up with laundry. 









2 comments:

  1. Looks like another good day on the road.....and those pies look delicious. Hope you run into Becky at the pool tomorrow. Have a safe ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite sure what is more interesting, the pies or the college girls.....

    ReplyDelete