View Tom's trip in a larger map

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 33

47 miles.  Scott City to Tribune.  The wind decided that I got a little greedy yesterday.  It blew across and into my face today.   Of course it always seems to blow harder when you are going into it.  When cattle trucks would go by the gusts would almost stop you completely. 
Big cattle feed lots were plentiful today.  I also saw my first wind farm. 
  Although I was in a dumpyy motel last night I ended up having a very nice evening talking with Philippe and Mathilde from France.  They are cycling to D.C.   We talked for a couple.of hours and I enjoyed hearing about their adventures. 
I entered my third time zone today.  It looks like I will be camping in the city park tonight.  






1 comment:

  1. That wind can be a killer. Looks like Colorado tomorrow. We're in the same time zone now. You've lost a day somehow on your blog. Todays should read Thursday, the 14th. I know......picky, picky. Hope you have the wind at your back tomorrow. Ride safe.

    ReplyDelete