View Tom's trip in a larger map

Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 39

65 miles.  Gunnison to Montrose.  It was tougher to leave the friendship and hospitality of my great friends Jack and Elaine and my sister Nancy and her family than it was to climb Monarch pass last week.  I had a great visit in Steamboat with  Nancy and her crew over the weekend.  The rodeo was a blast. 

I got going early and the temperature was in the 50's.  It sure beat the Kansas heat.   The scenery was great the whole way.  Blue Mesa reservoir is spectacular.  I had a couple of long climbs but they were not steep.  I finished before noon and had a nice lunch with Debbie and my folks.  I say goodbye in the morning and head out on my own again. 




1 comment:

  1. I refuse to comment on Day 39 until after Marianne has the chance to do so.

    ReplyDelete