View Tom's trip in a larger map

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 22

47 miles.  Chester, Illinois.  to Farmington, Missouri.  I started at 5:45 and got here at 11:30.  Why such a short day?  I could not pass up staying at Al's Place.  This is likely the finest cycling hostel in the country.  It is a historic jail that was converted into a loft apartment/hostel for cross country cyclists.  It is nicer than our house.  It is only a year old and it has everything.  If I could stay in a place like this every night I would just send for Debbie and Annie and live on the road.
I crossed the Mississippi river into Missouri first thing this morning.  I had about an hour of nice flat riding with no wind.  After that I got a taste of the Missouri roller coaster hills.  It was extremely humid and I was soaked.  I met Andrew on the road.  He was headed east to Yorktown after starting in San Francisco.  The rest of the day will be devoted to laundry, lunch and lounging.            






No comments:

Post a Comment