View Tom's trip in a larger map

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 40

68 Miles.  Montrose to Telluride.  Said goodbye to Debbie and my folks today and of course it had to be  raining as well.  The rain eventually stopped but Debbie was still gone.  There was plenty of great scenery.  One big climb up Dallas Divide that gained 4000 feet and was 11 miles long.  On the way down the rain started again.  I had a deer almost run into me.  I missed it by maybe 10 feet.  I got into Telluride about 4:00.  A big herd of elk was next to the road about a mile out of town.  The first elk that I have seen other than on a menu.  I'm camping in the city park tonight.  It is like a regular national forrest campground with primative sites and a nice stream.  Telluride is a really neat little town but it is super expensive.  More climbing tomorrow on Lizard Head pass, 10,000+ feet.         






2 comments:

  1. WOW........The scenery is spectacular!! We also had rain but got to our destination safely. It was FUN while it lasted!!! Travel safe because Debbie will be waiting..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great visit. Hope to see you in Nevada.

    ReplyDelete