View Tom's trip in a larger map

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 43

78 miles.  Blanding to Hite.   Amazing ride through the canyons of Utah.  I don't know how many pictures I took but it was a lot.   I did not see a car for the first hour.  The terrain looks more like the moon than earth.  I stopped and took a one mile hike to see some Indian ruins in the cliffs.  In the middle of the desert I ran into my first cyclist since Pueblo.  He was so excited to see another rider he was pumping his fists  in the air 100 yards away.  He was a rider from Poland going from L.A. to Denver.  I swam in Lake Powell for an hour after I got to Hite.  The generator for the store went out a couple.of hours after I arrived.  Dinner was energy bars and gatorade, same as breakfast and lunch.  





1 comment:

  1. Good days and then bad days. This sounded like a good day with great scenery and the fun of meeting another rider. Too bad the accomodations weren't better at night.......

    ReplyDelete